Many companies can be easily lead astray into believing that a template website is a better move over custom web services like Indiana web design, Indiana web development and Indiana SEO services. This is false. Template sites use generic code that will appear to duplicate across the web. So your site will appear to be copying other sites online that have used the same template software.
Sadly, there are even design companies that “sell” their web abilities to unsuspecting clients and really only use template software. The majority of these template software packages are not SEO compliant and the reality is, if the web design firm cannot build a custom website, they probably don’t know much about SEO either.
Recently one of our long-time clients changed to another website company that sold them such a product. Trading in a custom website that had strong SEO and rank status, they were talked into switching their domain of 7 years (rule #1, NEVER move away from an established domain–its like dumping Google and starting all over under a new identity–not recommended) to a new domain and launching the new (template) website. Not that we are sore about losing a client (as long as its a company with a good web strategy and clean programming), but to lose a client to a template website–this was a tough one to swallow. Alas, some individuals make their own decisions without regard to the experience of others and I hope it works out for them. But, if you are considering a template website, there are a few items you should be aware of.
CONS OF TEMPLATE WEBSITES:
- No originality – your design is not custom made for your company, on the contrary, your information is “plugged in” to the template. Also noteworthy, there is no stopping other websites from using the same template and looking exactly like yours.
- One size does not fit all – in web design, the one-size-fits-all idea does not translate well. Users are becoming more and more picky and if your site is something they have already seen, well, lets just say its not positive. This is also true with SEO info. Some templates allow you to customize SEO information, but not all. Most likely, if your web design company is using a template, it may be an indication that they don’t really know what they are doing (unless they built the template). Therefore, one could deduct that if said web design company doesn’t really build websites, they probably don’t know much about SEO either. There are always exceptions, I suppose.
- coding generalities and errors - in order to make a template most effective, the development platform will need to be as large and open ended as possible – kind of like the Windows OS. If you try to build something that works on outdated platforms you are going to have problems. Custom websites built correctly implement current web and SEO standards and build for current browsers.
PROS OF TEMPLATE WEBSITES:
- Typically cheap(er) – You can save some money and get a website. If you are really on a tight budget, then this option is valid although not entirely effective.
- Quick turn around time – you can typically pump out the site much quicker, just fill in the blanks and you’re good to go.
- Future updates are simple – Most template sites come with a built in CMS (content management system) and allow you to update your site easily.
If these pros are all you are looking for in a website, then a template website will be just fine for you. But, if you are interested in getting qualified traffic to your website, having an original website design with quality programming, then you may want to look into custom web services
Every Indiana Web Design Studio has their strategy. Their rhythm, if you will. Some pay less attention to the design phase and focus mainly on functionality of the web development, database integration, dynamic programming, etc. Other web design firms look only at the design. They wow you with the latest, coolest flash animation and tell you about the power of Adobe Flash for your entire website – and its all about user experience.
Well, we are neither of these companies. We believe that the latest technology for web development is highly important, but not the single most important factor of your Indiana web design project. We also agree that flash can be a useful tool to enhance the users experience, but never for the entire website and definitely not overboard. We also agree that steps need to be made to ensure a pro-active post-production strategy for your website.
This is why we proudly claim to offer website solutions. Not just highlighting one facet of the bundle, but engaging every aspect of the tools available for:
- clean website designs
- attractive website layouts
- professional web development structure
- exciting website graphics that enhance the experience and support the text
- and EFFECTIVE WEBSITES THAT REACH GOALS!
We look at the whole picture and consult our clients to the best website solution their Indiana Web Design project needs and we follow that solution to ensure it is effective. We monitor and adjust as needed to reach goals and produce Indiana Websites that work for our clients, look pretty and function smoothly.
If you are considering Indiana Web Design, take a moment to look into Web Design offered by Goshen Indiana Based website studio | McGlinchy Media & Design, llc. We have worked on a large array of websites including:
Whether your business is looking for Sturgis Michigan, Battle Creek Michigan, Bronson Michigan or Coldwater Michigan web design – we can help get your website project started. Or if you are in Goshen Indiana, Elkhart Indiana, Tarre Haute Indiana web design can be accomplished by contacting McGlinchy Media & Design, llc today. For more information or to set up a free web project consultation, please contact us via email or call 574-534-8029.
Indiana Website Design Studio | McGlinchy Media & Design, llc has had the privilege of working with many churches throughout the Northern Indiana – Southern Michigan area on their website design.
Maple City Chapel in Goshen Indiana is one of those churches.Â They needed something relevant, yet still reaching their demographics.Â They came to McGlinchy Design looking for something that they could update, that would offer some solutions to their online needs and we were glad to deliver.Â They continue to update and alter their website as time has gone on and utilize it as another tool in their use.
We have also worked with smaller rural churches.Â Pleasant Hill Missionary Church in Bronson Michigan (just Northeast of Sturgis, Michigan) was in need of their first website presence.Â Being a 140 year old church, stepping into the website world was a new experience.Â Indiana Website Design Studio | McGlinchy Design helped them create a good start with the budget they had.
If you have a non-profit or faith-based organization consider contacting McGlinchy Media & Design, llc in Goshen Indiana for your next Indiana Website Design project.
As an Indiana Web Development Studio in Goshen, Indiana – we have the great privilege of working with company’s in Elkhart Indiana, Warsaw Indiana, Terra Haute Indiana, Sturgis Michigan, Coldwater, Michigan and many more areas.Â Many different types of businesses within the area – from concrete sub-contractors to Quality Home Builders to Physician offices – we have an Indiana Web Development solution for everyone.Â We offer:
- Indiana Web Design
- Indiana Web Development
- Indiana Website SEO
- Website Management
- and more…
Contact us for more information of Indiana Web Development Services today.
Indiana Website Design | iStockphotos.com is a great place to find quality stock photography to use within Indiana Website Design.Â It is also a great place to find inspirational designs for websites and print alike.Â Many website clients do not have the budget to gather professional photography to use within their website, that is where iStockphotos.com comes in handy.Â They offer great shots at an affordable price.Â Therefore allowing Indiana Small Businesses to have quality images for their Indiana Website Design and keep a professional look and feel, just as the big budget websites can.Â McGlinchy Media & Design, LLC attempts to find as many ways as we can to keep the cost of Indiana Website Design down for our clients.Â Attempting to keep every project within our clients working budget.Â Sometimes it simply is not possible – like the other day we had a client as for an entire website redesign for around $100.00.Â This simply is not possible.Â But, instead of leaving the potential client in the dark, we offered a solution which will hopefully work out for them.Â Indiana Website Design Studio | McGlinchy Media & Design, LLC is about offering complete website solutions to clients, not just slapping up websites and calling it a day.
If you would like to learn more about our website services, browse the rest of our website or contact Indiana Website Design Studio (utilizing iStockphoto.com) today.
What to expect from an Indiana Website Development Meeting with Goshen, Indiana based | McGlinchy Media & Design, LLC:
- A comfortable atmosphere to analyze the website design and put the Indiana Website Development plan together.
- A time to answer all questions concerning the Indiana Website Development Phase.
- A complete walk-through of the static website design with verbal explanation ofÂ the website development.
- A timeline with project post date – depending upon how extensive the project needs list is.Â Some of the contingencies we have to work around are client initiated.Â For example, if the client is to supply the Indiana Website Development text content and is unable to gather all the needed material by the set date, we cannot be expected to hit the target post date.
- A professional atmosphere and a clear direction with positive goals.
The Indiana Website Development Phase is the second phase in the website process.Â The website design has been created, revised – if needed, and will be approved at the end of the meeting.Â The development phase will be under way and will result with a website online in the near future.
With so many options for Indiana Web Design, Indiana Web Development, Website SEO and Website Management – how do you know which one to choose?Â Well, here are some simple guidelines when selecting an Indiana Web Design Studio for your website project:
- Review their website – how it feels and functions.Â Is it easy to navigate, do they explain well what they are about and what they can offer you?
- Overview their Indiana Web Design Client Portfolio – there is no better way to view their work, than to view their work.Â Most Indiana Web Design company’s will have an online portfolio of projects they have done.Â If you don’t like their work, then you probably won’t like what they come up with for your company.
- Interview their website representative – set up an appointment with the company and test to see if they would be a good fit for your company.
- Research your options – Make sure to do a fair amount of researching your options.Â Do a google search for Indiana Web Design around your city.Â If you live in Goshen, Indiana; search Goshen Indiana Web Design or if you are in Elkhart, Indiana; search Elkhart Indiana Website Design.Â Find out who is at the top and who might be a good fit for your project.
The more you invest in your Indiana Web Design project, the better your results will be.
Indiana Web Development is a great way to extend your businesses marketing reach.Â Putting your information into the hands of users who have the control to view as much about your business as they would like.Â With radio, billboard, TV – its all limited to time.Â You have to say it as quickly as possible, because you only have x-amount of time to say it.Â And you also have to rely on the viewer to remember the information you shove at them so quickly.Â With Indiana Web Development you can clearly, simply and easily display content about your company.Â You can highlight projects you have completed, customers who will recommend you to everyone and allow users to understand why you are a great fit for their needs.Â If you are interested in learning more about Indiana Web Development, contact us today.
Many Indiana companies have websites these days.Â Not many companies have SEO (Search Engine Optimization) ready websites.Â Indiana Website Design creates every website (those who have chosen to do SEO and those who may not have the budget at the moment) to be Search Engine friendly.Â When we develop a website, we make sure that all necessary steps are taken to give that site it’s best potential for getting Search Engine’s attention.Â Many Indiana Website Design owners choose to take things to a new level – become pro-active with their website design.Â That is the most effective.Â Being passive, letting the Indiana website design lie dormant, has negative search ranking effects.Â As does not following the SEO rules.Â There are right and there are wrong ways to do SEO.Â Don’t get suckered into a company that does not stay abreast with the ever changing rules of SEO (mainly dictated by Google).Â If you are interested in hearing more about SEO, contact Indiana Website Design StudioÂ | McGlinchy Media & Design, LLC today.